Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Isolated!!! I loved it!!

   When your isolated from people, you will feel bad. But., I'm happy with isolation :D. Yeah., don't wonder!
Quadrant Continuous
I did STREAKING in my lab as I mentioned in my yesterday's lab (MY STREAKS). I went to my incubator and checked for the growth. I streaked  E.coli & Lacto bacillus. I thought my streaking was too bad to get isolated colonies. But., to my surprise I got isolated colonies. Showed my plates with enthu to mam.
She said, " mm good, you got isolated colonies".
I felt too happy.

What I know about streaking :

Purpose of streaking : 
Why to Streak?

1) To get isolated colonies. ( mostly bacteria )
2) To check the presence of microbes in a sample ( sometimes)

Types:


1) Quadrant streaking: The plate is divided into 4 quadrants and streaking is done.
2) Continuous streaking: Continuous streak made from top to bottom.


As I mentioned we are going to do streaking with 2g/100ml and 2.5g/100ml agar in  next lab. My microbiology lab , I love it the most. Gonna experiment !! Love you my teachers.


Quadrant discontinuous

Continuous streaks

4 comments:

  1. Just came here through some random cliks and I'm excited after browsing through. I appreciate your passion to learn and your attitude. Keep going with the same zeal and one day the world will honor you for all that you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Mr.Leo. I love learning & experimenting. Just started now only with basics. A long way to go. Guide me and give suggestions. Happy to hear from you :)

      Delete