Skip to main content

College Reopening!

Hi,

This is for my Cute, chweet Friends :)

The first day of month! The month in which I was born. My birthday is coming :) A special thing about this month is, I'm gonna celebrate my birthday after 7 years! That too with friends in hostel! :)

College is reopening tomorrow!  I was a day scholar for the past two years! Now, gonna join in hostel :)
I'm happy about it! Kanmani is in third year of technical education now, Kanmani B.tech (biotechnology) 3rd year :)

I'm very much exited in getting back to college tomorrow!

Tomorrow is very special!
Why because,
* The first day of third year!
* College got a new principal , I don't know, whether this change of principal will bring out :) or :( or :'(
But, for now :D
* Classes start only by 11 a.m :)  till 11 :D fun with friends :)
* From this year, we don't have Mathematics :) :D
* From this year, Our HOD is taking gonna take care of us :) He is gonna come for Molecular Biology.
In the 3rd sem, Cell biology was my favorite, then 4th semester - Microbiology, And now, in this sem, it will be Molecular Biology :) :) :)
* I'm gonna join in Hostel this year! :)
But, the sadder part of joining hostel is Mobile phone is not allowed, Facebook & Twitter are blocked :( 
To my goodness, they didn't block Blogs and Indiblogger :)


Results for the previous sem is not out still :( I'm very much worried about it.

A final note to my class mates:
Get to know something about Molecular biology, because, HOD sir may ask us tomorrow, "What is molecular Biology?"
Here you read something:
Molecular Biology deals at molecular level of cellular activities. We will learn about, Proteins, DNA, Blotting,  PCR, Arrays etc., I believe. You can find all this in Wikipedia :P

Blotting: It's searching for a specific sequence in DNA sample.
PCR: PCR allows a single DNA sequence to be copied (millions of times), or altered in predetermined ways.
Arrays: A DNA array is a collection of spots attached to a solid support such as a microscope slide where each spot contains one or more single-stranded DNA oligonucleotide fragment


So, if we read something, we can answer him better. We need not "Sodhappify"( go wrong) the first day itself :P.
All the best :)

The conclusion of this post is "Nothing" I'm leaving to College with full smile on duty!
Wish you, A HAPPY JULY!
Tata :) :)

Comments

  1. Enjoy the fun the days of college. Exciting days ahead for you! Good luck for the forthcoming years ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear kanmani,
    Wishing you all success in your 3rd year and life full of fun and happiness!
    Convey my wishes to your friends also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma. Sure, I'l convey. Thanks for your blessings.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lowry Assay Principle and procedure

Though there are several protein assays available, the most preferred one in many laboratories is "Lowry assay". It is effective in the concentration range of 0.01 mg/ml to 1 mg/ml. And, as an additional info, the paper published describing the procedure and principle of Lowry Assay is the most cited paper in the scientific history. (Feeling like, "Wow! I want to publish one to compete with Oliver.H. Lowry"???  :P) Why Lowry?   Though there are several other protein assays, mostly Lowry assay is used in many laboratories. The reasons for preferring Lowry are: sensitivity of the assay, highly reproducible, cost effective, easy to perform. Biuret assay is generally used for higher protein concentrations like tissue samples but, Lowry for less concentrated samples and hence used in most of the molecular biology laboratories where there will be need for assaying comparatively less concentrated protein samples (in most cases where we attempt to produce enzymes). Oth

Sea Butterfly!

Neih hou!  Don't roll you eyes wondering what it is! "Neih hou" is how you say "hello" in Cantonese. Guess what, I am in Hong Kong and therefore the language Cantonese. I came to Hong Kong this summer as an intern before officially joining as a PhD Student. This is my second experience abroad, far away from home, new language, new culture, I expected me to have a "really" bad cultural shock, but, actually I experienced only 50% of what I expected. For a girl who have used the marina beach only for eating "sundal", bikini in beach was a shock (FEEL FREE TO JUDGE ME!). The first time, I went to the big wave beach here, I was the only one who was totally covered, when everyone was enjoying their Beer, I was slowly sipping my lemon juice (THE ODD ONE OUT!). I realized how beautifully different the world outside is! There is no single standard for right or wrong, it varies in different countries, in different regions around the world. And it

Isolation of monocytes from PBMC (Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells) - Principle and protocol

Whenever I'm made to realise that I'm not clear enough or good at something, I try to make myself clear with it. It happened today, during my laboratory examination, I was asked to perform monocyte isolation from a given blood sample, but, unfortunately, I was not very clear with the principle behind it.(but, still I managed to complete the experiment as I know the protocol, but, knowing the principle behind each step of the protocol clearly is very important, isn't it?). But, nothing is wrong in it, I made myself clear with it now. That's good, right? So, let me share with you some basic principle and protocol for isolating monocyte from blood sample. For isolating monocytes, initially we must isolate PBMC (Peripheral bood mono nuclear cells) from the blood sample. Here, let us make few terminologies clear before starting with the principle. Peripheral blood sample  - It is the blood sample obtained from acral areas of body (in general, it is the blood collected